No products in the cart.
Adding products from your store dashboard is very easy. This article will show you a step by step guide on how to add a simple product.
What is a simple product? A simple product are products that do not have options or variables. For example, A fork.
On your store dashboard sidebar, go to Products, click on Add New as shown below;
Or click on Products, then click on Add New as shown in gold color at the top right corner below;
After you click on Add New, you will see the interface shown below and should immediately feel at home. Choose Simple Product from the dropdown.
Complete the information below;
- Enter a product Title and Description.
- Price – Item’s normal/regular price
- Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. When the click on Schedule you would see the From and Upto date boxes, enter the dates you would like the sale to start and end in this format YYYY-DD-MM. Note that the sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date.
3. Enter a short product description in the Short Description box (make sure the relevant keywords are included) and a long product description in the Description box with all the necessary details and extra information.
On the right-hand side, you will see the Categories section, there are product categories and subcategories in which you can place your product. To view the subcategories, click the circle icon.
If you are selling a branded product, you can type in the name in the Brand section.
You can also assign product tags in the Tags section. Make sure to include relevant keywords related to the product.
- Shop and search – Visible everywhere, shop pages, category pages and search results.
- Shop only – Visible in shop pages and category pages, but not search results.
- Search only – Visible in search results, but not in the shop page or category pages.
- Hidden – Only visible on the single product page – not on any other pages.
Adding product images and galleries are options available on the right-hand side when adding or editing a product in your store dashboard. The large box is the main image for your product, while the smaller boxes are other images that shows up when a customer clicks on the product.
Images in the product gallery can be re-ordered easily via drag and drop. Simply reorder your images by moving them around.
Going down, you would see the product data section;
In inventory tab:
SKU: each simple product only has one unique SKU code as the identifier for the product. SKUs are important in product inventory and order management.
Manage stock: for simple product, you can manage stock quantity at product level by enable this option and put in the number of stock you have available and want to track.
Backorders: Allow backorders if you have to give customers the ability to purchase when products are out of stock. Backorders will be fulfilled when products are back in stock.
Sold individually: Enable this option if you only allow 1 item of the product to be purchased in a single order.
In Shipping tab:
- Weight – Weight of the item.
- Dimensions – Length, width and height for the item.
- Shipping Class – Shipping classes are used by certain shipping methods to group similar products.
- Processing Time – The time required to get the product ready for shipping.
- Tax status – Taxable
- Tax class – Choose which tax class should be applied (Standard or Zero rate)
Linked Products section
Using up-sells and cross-sells, you can cross promote your products. They can be added by searching for a particular product and selecting the product from the dropdown list:
- Up-sells are displayed on the product details page. These are products that you may wish to encourage users to upgrade, based on the product they are currently viewing. For example, if the user is viewing the coffee product listing page, you may want to display tea kettles on that same page as an up-sell.
- Cross-sells are products that are displayed with the cart and related to the user’s cart contents. As an example, if the user adds spices to their cart, you may want to suggest they purchase a spice rack when they arrive at the cart page.
- Frequently Bought Together are products that are more often browsed and purchased by other customers. Customers can add all of the “Frequently Bought Together” products to their cart at once, or select the specific ones they want to bundle together in one order. This feature is located beneath the main product detail and sometimes at checkout.
Product Video tab
- Video URL – Enter the video URL from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe & Facebook. You can also upload videos to your media and enter the link,
- Video Thumbnail – You can upload a custom thumbnail, that is the display image for the video.
- Video Position – Choose if you want the video to show up as the first or last in your product gallery.
If the product is a new product, you can tick New Product and enter the text you want to appear on the product page. For example; New, Sale
Tiered Price tab
- Minimum Quantity – Enter the minimum amount of products customers can purchase.
- Tiered Pricing Type: Fixed – When choosing this type, you need to specify a fixed price per product and quantity at which this price will be used. Percentage. When choosing this type, you need to specify the discount per product in percent and the number of products at which this price will be used.
- Tiered Price – in the Quantity box, enter the number of products, and in the Price box – the percent discount on which this product will be sold at that quantity.
Enter your store or product Shipping, Refund and Cancellation/Return/Exchange policies.
If you want your customer to receive a note for this product, you can add it here. For example; Thank you for your purchase.
And click SUBMIT.
How simple is that? As you upload more and more images, it’s going to be a lot easier. if you do not see your product category, contact support and we would be more than happy to add the new category if it meets Stermart’s policies.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.