For your delicious moi-moi, akara, gbegiri, Ekuru, Danwake, Beans soup and other delicacies. Tastypot Bean Flour is easy to use, stress-free cooking with our 100% organic beans flour made from naturally grown beans.
From picking, washing, drying, milling into fine powder, sieving and packaging. It is neatly processed under strict supervision. It is well sorted and a very good source of protein, which plays an important role in maintaining and repairing the body.$10.00$10.00
Iru (fermented locust beans) has been used for centuries across West Africa for its delicious and healthful properties. Rich in protein and natural fats, it imparts a deep umami flavor to savory or sweet dishes. It’s the fermented bean of the Nigerian Locust Tree and it has an incredible, complex flavor, somewhere in between chocolate, miso, and cheese.
Despite its wide applications across West African cuisine, it’s still surprisingly difficult to find in the US, especially in dry bean form.
- Origin: Ilaro, Ogun State, Nigeria
- Aliases: Dadawa / dawadawa, ogiri, ogirisi, ugba, netetou, kainda, soumbala
- Process: Boiled, fermented and sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% fermented locust beans (Parkia biglobosa)
- Tasting notes: Dark Chocolate • Roasted Nuts • Mild Cheese • Miso