African breadfruit – or Ukwa in Igbo – is an edible traditional fruit. Belonging to the Moraceae family, it is related to other exotic fruits like breadnut, jackfruit, figs and mulberries. It is consumed, for example in Nigeria, where it is eaten as a main dish. The seeds are of particular interest because of their high nutrition value.$17.50
Achi powder is made from Achi seeds, which are also known as Brachystegia Eurycoma in botanical terms. It’s an excellent African seed for soup thickening, herbal items, and medical uses.
Important Benefits of Achi Powder:
- It is an excellent soup thickener
- Adds an iconic flavor to your soups
- Give meals the perfect tasty and fresh flavors
- Highly medicinal
- Excellent seasoning Ingredient
- Excellent source of anti-oxidants
- Good for the preparation of soups, stews and sources
- Nourishing and rich in vitamins
Ukpo (Mucuna sloanei ) is used in preparing various soup as soup thickener. It is known as horse eye bean and with other local names in respect to different tribes and ethic groups. It is called “Ukpo” by Ibos, “Karasuu” by Hausas and “Yerepe” by Yourbas. In addition to their thickening property Ukpo has gelation properties used in soup. This is a desirable attribute for eating of garri, Fufu, pounded yam etc.