We want our customers to be satisfied with their items, that is why sellers on Stermart.com try their best to deliver GOLDEN services. Before every package leaves our sellers facility, it is carefully checked, and they ensure that they do not send damaged or broken items to Stermart’s customers.
This page or document sets out the “Return and Refund Policy” (the “Policy”) that applies to the sellers that sell their products on the online platform Stermart.com. We have the right to make changes to this Policy at any time and as per our sole discretion without any notification to the Seller or without any prior permission of the Seller for the same.
When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third-party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Stermart.com. Some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Seller’s Policy section of the seller store page.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that it was received.
Note for Buyers: If a seller accepts returns, please include your package slip(s) with the return. Please note you will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Unfortunately, original shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you are sending the item within the United States and the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. Items valued over $35 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service. For items below $35, we suggest using a shipping service delivery confirmation service. If a package doesn’t arrive and you don’t use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be eligible for a refund.
If you use checkout to let customers complete purchases on Stermart.com, you must respond to all return requests within two working days. Your return policy must follow our Seller Performance and Accountability Policies. Buyers can see your return policy on their order confirmation or the product page of their purchase.
Seller Return policy settings:
If your store accepts returns for new or unused items, make sure you clearly indicate the number of days that the return window is opened from when the order was delivered. However, bear in mind that the length of your return windows may affect buyer sentiment and conversions.
To configure custom return windows:
- Go to your account and click Settings.
- Select Returns.
- Find the Return Policy section and click Edit. Set your return windows as needed.
- Include additional return policy information. For example, you can tell buyers to return items to a specific address with the tags still attached. We instruct buyers to return items in the same condition and original packaging.
Return handling settings:
To set your return handling information:
- Go to Account and click Settings.
- Select Returns.
- Find the Returns handling section and click Edit.
- Select whether you provide a return label in each package. If you don’t, you must email buyers a return label upon request or make buyers provide their own label.
- Select whether you pay for returns. You can deduct the cost of returns from the buyer’s refund. If you don’t cover the cost of returns, buyers will be charged for the return.
- If available, select whether you offer in-store returns.
Note: You can customize return handling settings for a whole shop and for whole categories, but not for individual products.
To process returns, you either provide a return label in the original package or by email when the buyer requests a return or let the buyer cover the cost of return but this should be clearly stated on your return policy. When a buyer requests a return, this information is emailed to your customer service email address and Inbox:
- Order number
With this information, you can process the return in the Account:
- Find the item in Returns (located in the Orders tab) and accept or close the return within two working days to avoid potential refunds at a loss to you. This includes providing a return label, tracking info, and any other instructions, if applicable.
- The buyer must follow your return instructions within the return window.
- Issue a refund if necessary, and we’ll reduce your balance by the full amount. Buyers are refunded at their original payment method. If you have insufficient funds, we may use funds from future sales to cover the refund.
Issues with returns:
Buyers may escalate claims to us for reasons including:
- Late items
- Damaged items
- Items missing parts or otherwise not as described
If you have any further questions about our Policy or would like more help, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
By selling your products on Stermart.com, you automatically provide your consent to this Policy and shall thereafter not raise any objection towards it. If you have any objections to this Policy, then you shall first contact us before making selling or shall avoid selling on Stermart Marketplace.